06 August 2009

A Dedication


I'm dedicating this post to my Great Grandmother...Ma. Born, August 6, 1919. Being 4 when Ma died, I didn't really get the chance to get to know her very well. And I really, REALLY, wish that I had. Because..now I just have photo's and video's....no memories...and I really do hate that so very much, because everyone else has so much to say about her, and what do I have to say? "I...I don't remember that..." So, Ma, if you're reading this upstairs, or you can see or hear me writing this...just know that I DO miss you. And I wish I had the chance everyone else had to get to know you. I still do love you though. Tomorrow would have been her 90th birthday.


In dedication to you, a song that one of your daughters told me about....


“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”
-Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post hon. Ma loved you so much. I wish you had been able to spend more time with her. She would have treasured that so much. Teaching you how to cook her special treats. making chocolate malts for you. Anything your heart desired, she would make on a moment's notice. But to her, nothing she made was "fit to eat". It was her sneaky little way of fishing for compliments. Getting you to lift your feet as you cross the state line, so you don't trip over the line and have bad luck. All of us will make sure to keep her memory alive for you. She was truly an Angel on earth, and I miss her terribly.

    ReplyDelete